Friday 23 August 2013

Scribbles in Verse...

There have often been times when the writer’s block hits me and I begin to wonder will I ever be able to put pen to paper, express how I feel or simply scribble something and still feel good about it!

That’s when I take off to what people may call poetry and I refer to simply as scribbles in verse (considering my poor knowledge of poetry writing) in a vague attempt to put down my thoughts! Reproducing some of lines...


Something called hope....
One of my first few poems, closest to my heart and something that can find relevance anytime of the day

"Calm and quite it was, like no life in it,
The tempest seemed to rise, as hallucinations lit.
Only hallucinations they were, as reality's light stopped to succour,
Everyone looked petrified, as end seemed to occur.

But someone believed, something called hope exists,
Thus he began to clear, the hallucinations' mists.
And the mists gave way, reality with obstacles began to cope,
Only because someone believed, there is something called hope".


Of Friends and Friendships
A shout out to all the wonderful friends I have been blessed with & those I will meet

I dream of the days of frolic and fun, of banter, of chuckle, of smiles that we spun.
Strong bonds of friendship that fills the air, tiffs and squabbles, oh so rare!

I walk along, with a heavy heart, seeking those dreams on a journey I depart.
A shoulder to cry, a hand to hold, I seek my friend with a heart of gold…

I look, I search, I hunt, in vain, a thousand eyes hound me in disdain.
But my heart tells me, you’re there my friend, to spread a smile, and desolation to end.

And as the sun begins to set, as bees and birds return to their nest,
The dark engulfs me, I begin to fear, you eclipse the dark and wipe my tear!


And those times when that writer’s block hits!
So much to express, so much to say,
Need to gather my thoughts, for another day...
Things may look grim, they may be dark,
But with a smile & some will, I'll have them my way!!



No comments:

Post a Comment