Tuesday 26 November 2013

Food for thought....

This thing called life has been the most amazing teacher - 
  • it has given me plenty of lessons to learn from 
  • it has encouraged me with rewarding ups and moments of sweet joy
  • it has punished me with critical yet constructive downs and bitter times
  • it has been the perfect recipe to shape the imperfect me! 

Sometimes I sit and look back at my adventurous journey so far; from a silly teeny-booper, to a serious working professional, from an unsettling mind to a calmer soul and I wonder how teeny weeny things in life can bring both unwelcoming and welcoming changes... It is simply about letting go of the inviting yet harmful changes as a passing phase and holding on to the right ones I guess. 

It is at such times I am reminded of a few things I am often told, especially when moments appear glum for no reason - 
  • you cannot change everything about a situation, especially when most elements are not in your control
  • you have to learn to let go, learn to see through certain things or situations in order to feel stress free
  • the beauty of life never lies in textbook perfect situations or candyfloss - the fun and beauty is in accepting what is perfect and balancing the imperfections with panache! 
  • there can be no problem without a solution to it!

Simple things, we know, yet often tend to overlook.  There are times when I promise myself to always remember these tidbits and keep my chin up no matter what... It is simply about sticking to that promise, not for anyone else, but for myself - for I am the creator for both my happy times and sad - the choice is mine, simply mine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment